my customer already install genians policy server and network sensor,
the genians firmware is 220.127.116.111
they want to download genians agent from menu System > Update > Genians software
but the page show like this (see image) “An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator”
they already try with other browser, and still error
they already reboot both genians (Policy server and network sensor), and still error
any suggest ?
Try downloading the agent from https://x.x.x.x:8443/agent
Regarding the error, since the server is a few versions back, we would recommend upgrading to the latest available version and see if the issue persists. You can download the software here:
Then manually upgrade using these instructions:
Please also fee free to reach out to us via Slack if you require additional support.
thank you for suggest.
i will try to download genians agent using https://x.x.x.x:8443/agent
and i will try to upgrade firmware version
our customer need download .msi file for genians agent, if they using https://x.x.x.x:8443/agent it can only download .exe file.
i already try to restart policy server and network sensor, and still isue
how can i do upgrade the firmware, if the page system > update > genians sortware can’t load perfectly ?
i try to upgrade in CLI using command geniup , but the version is up to date, which i know the latest version is 5.0.38
any other suggest ?
Here is the process to manually update the policy server via the command line.
From your workstation:
- Download the latest iso from genians.com
- Open the ISO, navigate to /images/ and extract the file beginning with NAC-CT64
- Connect Via ssh to the policy server
- Enter the command ‘enable’ and authenticate. Enter the command ‘@shell’ and you will be placed into a linux shell.
- Use the scp command line utility to send the ct64.img file from your machine to the policy server.
- Example syntax: scp your_username@your_machine_IP:NAC-CT64.img /destination/directory
- On the policy server, use the command ‘geniup -df [CT-64 filename] and follow the prompt.
If you require additional assistance please visit www.genians.com/slack, where we offer real time support and private channels for clients, partner organizations, and trial users.